Monday, April 5th – Sunday, April 18th: we will be having a competition for USAC team climbers and all the rest of us, too!
- USAC Youth Climbing Competition – read below
- Collegiate Climbing Competition – read below
- Citizen’s Competition (open to all, not associated with an association) – please click here for more information
This will be a unique two-week-long competition that follows a redpoint format where each competitor records their top 5 climbs and submits them with video evidence through the Kaya app. Please head over to the USAC Main Regions Page for step-by-step instructions.
Due to our current building occupancy limitations, we ask for competitors to make a two-hour reservation ahead of time through our app or by calling into the gym if reserving for more than one person.
**Each person visiting the gym will need a reservation to guarantee a spot in the gym, including spectators.**
Very limited walk-in spots are available, but please call in to make sure there is space in the gym. We can reached at (844) 254-6287.
- Monday, April 5th – Sunday, April 18th
- Sessions available from 11am to 10pm
- Members = No cost to book a session
- 10-punch pass holders: Use of one punch
- Nonmembers – you will book through our website and select either:
- Youth Day Pass = $15 (under 18)
- Adult Day Pass = $22 ($15 if you arrive before 4 pm)
- Spectators also need to buy a day pass
- The Pad requires adult supervision of kids 13 and under
- Registration for competition will be completed through Kaya/USA Climbing (not through The Pad).
- Climbers should download the Kaya app and register/pay for the competition prior to arrival at The Pad.
- A current USA Climbing membership number is required to register for a competition.
- Competition fee is $30 + 2.9% convenience fee (This is separate from gym climbing session fees)
- Masks are required in the gym at all times.
- If there is space, competitors can reserve an additional 2-hour reservation anytime during the same day for free.
- A digital copy of our waiver can be found through our Padfam app please fill this out before arriving at the gym.
- Be aware that other competitors will be videotaping and not interfere or walk in front of their phones/cameras.
888 Ricardo Ct, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- 40 Brand New Problems from V0 to V11
- The competition will follow the classic Redpoint Format
- All boulders are set for a 4-point start.
- Scoring Value shall be based on the V-scale assigned to the boulder, please use our posted spreadsheet or Kaya app to find this relation.
- Only the top 5 boulders will be considered for scoring.
- Open for everyone to play on Members, Competitors, and all visitors.
- Free for members to climb on anytime they’re at the gym!
- This is a two-week-long event with athletes from around the region who need to film their climbs. Please respect people’s space and do not get in the way of anyone filming.
For more information please visit: