Coming Feb 2022!
After over ten long years of looking for the right location, the right time, and the right landlord – The Pad has finally done it!
We’ve secured a lease and short of insanity (been a lot of that lately), we are finally confidently able to announce that the Pad will be opening a new location in downtown Santa Barbara early 2022!
Address: 410 State Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Building footprint: 17,000 sqf
Parking: We’ve got our own parking lot!
Celling height: 21′ current, planning to raise half of the building to 45′
Surroundings: Location is three blocks from HWY 101 and across the street from REI. We also share a common wall with a brewery and a number of coffee shops and restaurants are within a block or two radius.
- Dedicated lounge/coworking space with free coffee, great wifi and more
- 45′ rope walls
- Speed climbing wall
- Dedicated climbing training area
- Large free weight area
- Yoga/multipurpose room
- Large youth area separate from the rest of the amenities and accessible elevator.
- 24/7 access to bouldering and weights
- Free rental equipment and beginner classes to get your started
- Youth programming
- Volunteer and scholarship opportunities for those unable to pay the full fees
- The great Pad Fam vibe you’ve come to know from us on the Central Coast with reciprocal membership with our SLO and Las Vegas locations
What's it going to look like?
We’re finalizing the design now with our architect, so that’s a good reason to SIGN UP and follow us on social media – we’ll post when we’re ready!
Expect the same design style that you have seen from our SLO location with tall bouldering, a mix of steep angles going back into low angles to encourage everyone to climb together, great use of space, and creative details to delight.
Why Feb 2022?
It takes time to permit what we want to do, which includes take the existing roof off, raise half of it, and then make it looks super cute Spanish Colonial again. From design to implementation, our wall vendor takes about 9 months, plus all the finish work to make it beautiful takes time.