LEAD FRONT DESK
Are you someone that looks someone in the eyes and wonders what their wildest dreams are? Do you find out and then want to help them achieve that? Then we want you.
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for front desk staff, but what we really want are people who recognize that the right experience could change a life for the better. Crew do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations both at the front desk and on the floor. You will be the face of our entire organization and you will be working in a team-centered environment working constantly to improve and grow.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended. Upon hire, crew will be required to learn climbing technique, belay basics, and how to instruct a class.
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Conduct thorough orientations of the facility and rules
- Execute belay and lead tests
- Handle customer concerns
- Maintain safe practices in facility
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Facilitate occasional groups such as nonprofit experiences and birthday parties
- Act as a representative of the community and make a genuine effort to get to know and support members and fellow employees.
- Confidently communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Ability to hear and speak clearly
- Experience with speaking to diverse individuals
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules
- Ability to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
If you’re a jack of all trades, who can care equally about the people you’re surrounded with and the financial success of the company – have no problem checking in with headquarters and giving straight updates about how the programs, the morale, and the community is doing, this job is for you.
In addition to crew responsibilities, we are specifically looking for someone who be the lead at the gym. The ideal crew leader should want to build community through fostering relationships with the staff, volunteers, members and guests at the gym. You will oversee the scheduling, training, discipline, and termination of front desk crew, but also coordinating with smaller leadership roles in the gym, ensuring everyone works as a team to achieve our goals and meeting remotely with headquarters staff for support.
This person should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to others in a leadership role
- Confidence in working with diverse individuals
- Team leadership experience – will be scheduling and leading meetings with other gym leaders
- Strong communications experience
- General positive outlook in life and passion for people and community
- Well-developed organizational skills
This job requires:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Working with the rest of gym leadership to ensure smooth operations
- Developing relationships within our gym community
- Ability to hire/fire; scheduling, disciplining, and training employees
- Ensuring employee satisfaction with the company, their roles, and our community.
- Managing a budget, turning in receipts, planning in advance
What we have to offer:
- Position is part time
- $15-17/hour DOE
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Accrued paid time off
- Unlimited leave of absence opportunities
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.
Applicant for this position should include a statement about their interest and fit in a leadership role within our community.