FRONT DESK + FACILITY MANAGMENT ROLE
Are you someone that looks someone in the eyes and wonders what their wildest dreams are? Do you find out and then want to help them achieve that? Then we want you.
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for front desk staff, but what we really want are people who recognize that the right experience could change a life for the better. Crew do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations both at the front desk and on the floor. You will be the face of our entire organization and you will be working in a team-centered environment working constantly to improve and grow.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended. Upon hire, crew will be required to learn climbing technique, belay basics, and how to instruct a class.
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Conduct thorough orientations of the facility and rules
- Execute belay and lead tests
- Handle customer concerns
- Maintain safe practices in facility
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Facilitate occasional groups such as nonprofit experiences and birthday parties
- Act as a representative of the community and make a genuine effort to get to know and support members and fellow employees.
- Confidently communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Ability to hear and speak clearly
- Experience with speaking to diverse individuals
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules
- Ability to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
In addition to crew responsibilities, we are specifically looking for someone to be our facility manager. Your role is to keep us stocked, fix things that are broken, and look for improvements to be made for efficiency and member experience.
This person should have:
Demonstrated ability to take tasks independently and finish them
Confidence in working with diverse individuals
Demonstrated repair and tool skills; interest in learning more
Ability to lift 50 lbs or more, climb tall ladders
This job requires:
Performing regular needed facility maintenance
Developing relationships with vendors and managing contracts
Coordinating and communicating with gym level managers
Communicating needs and updates clearly to other departments
Use of online software (provided) for communications and maintenance
What we have to offer:
- Position is part time
- $14.00/hour to start (Assumes no experience)
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
Accrued paid time off
- Unlimited leave of absence opportunities
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.
Applicant for this position should include a statement about a relevant project that best demonstrates their initiative, follow through, repair/building skills, and communication methods.