FRONT DESK + SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER ROLE
Are you someone that looks someone in the eyes and wonders what their wildest dreams are? Do you find out and then want to help them achieve that? Then we want you.
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for front desk staff, but what we really want are people who recognize that the right experience could change a life for the better. Crew do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations both at the front desk and on the floor. You will be the face of our entire organization and you will be working in a team-centered environment working constantly to improve and grow.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended. Upon hire, crew will be required to learn climbing technique, belay basics, and how to instruct a class.
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Conduct thorough orientations of the facility and rules
- Execute belay and lead tests
- Handle customer concerns
- Maintain safe practices in facility
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Facilitate occasional groups such as nonprofit experiences and birthday parties
- Act as a representative of the community and make a genuine effort to get to know and support members and fellow employees.
- Confidently communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Ability to hear and speak clearly
- Experience with speaking to diverse individuals
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules
- Ability to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
In addition to crew responsibilities, we are specifically looking for someone who can also handle day to day social media tasks. Our vision for social media is to build the relationship with our existing members and inspire those who are not.
This person should have:
Clear and friendly writing voice, demonstrated language mastery
Strong customer service background
A teacher mentality = patient, wants to educate, share, inclusive and more interested in diverse experiences to share rather than standard climbing gym feed info
Desire to build the company’s values through social media
Emotional maturity to handle sticky public situations or know when to ask for help (good political sense)
Experience posting to Instagram and knowledge of other social media platforms
Interest in cultivating gym follows, reposting good content to give other accounts amplification
This job requires:
Generating content and photos for use
Regularly posting gym updates and fun stuff to feed
Capable of generating actual stories for stories to engage as needed
Working with Brand Manager to ensure same tone of voice
Manage direct messages and responds to all comments
What we have to offer:
- Position is part time
- $14.00/hour to start (Assumes no experience)
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Accrued paid time off
- Unlimited leave of absence opportunities
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.
Applicants for this position should include their social media feeds in their resume and include a short analysis of our existing feed. We are looking to see if you can understand and follow what our intent is through the existing feed rather than ways that we can improve. Based on what you see, what are we currently trying to do and what things are working?