Infants to toddlers can use our gym, too!We have learned it’s best to not structure this age in a class – because your kids don’t have the ability to focus on our timeline, so here is a self-directed study program for the little ones! If your baby can sit up, he or she can do tons of cool things here! We have child friendly facilities. On those days when you’re looking for something different, we suggest you come in and try some of these activities! Did you know children climb FREE if they’re under 7 and you’re a member? Kids under 3 are free with paid adult passes.
NURTURE YOUR NATURAL CLIMBER-
Try our 8 week caregiver participation sessions!
The Nurture program facilitates the development of a growth mindset, plants the seeds of body awareness, and nurtures play in a manner that leads to curiosity, tenacity, and delight, all through the lens of being a climber.
Ages 3-4, 1 x week 1 hour sessions.
Guidance for using the gym with littles:
For their safety, please remember to keep your children out of the way of other people using the gym.
Find our youth wall and allow your child to explore the different colors and shapes there.
Your little may not be inspired to climb, but if he or she is:
- Do not force movements. You can help keep a foot in place, but ensure your baby is self sufficient and learns the consequences for letting go or not placing hands and feet correctly. Our surfaces are safe to fall on . . .
- If you child DOES fall, cheer! Fall yourself! Make it fun!
- You can encourage your child by saying what you see: good foot placement, okay time to high step! Look at your feet! Look for a hand!
- It is best not to vaguely praise, just tell them what makes you happy and what they are doing that is awesome.
- Explore our foam play area. Encourage exploration of the different flooring surfaces, workout equipment, etc.
- Have your child climb up and jump off into your arms. Shout “trust fall!” Make it a new game!
- Look for places to practice balancing – including our slacklines!
- Play with our rings, exercise balls, and ropes – learn to swing!